Aqualink RS6 Pool/Spa Control Button Turning On Randomly

akhil

Jun 8, 2015
Irving, Texas
Hi- I have Aqualink RS6 Pool/Spa Control. I just moved 2 weeks back and don't know much about the pool/spa control.

Since last week I am having issue with Spa light turning on automatically. It is very sporadic and spa light turn's on at any time. Also yesterday my filter turn on in the night (even tough it is set during day time).

Can someone please help with why button's are turning on at random time?

Thanks,
Akhil

Hi AK. Does your spa have a remote in the spa? If it does, that's the problem. Either moisture has gotten into the switch or it is shorting out due to wire damage. Either one of these 2 scenarios will cause any of the 4 programmed buttens to turn randomly turn on and off. It's strange, but can be costly if it turns the heater on!

If you have no remote at all connected, then it sounds like the PCB board is having issues. A possible replacement is in your future more than likely. Have you tried a power reset on the system? You checked the programming to make sure it's still accurate?

Did anyone figure out a fix? I have this same system and the system is randomly turning the heater and filter on in the middle of the night. Also, I try and manually turn the heater on at the heater and it says there is a ignition failure on my LXI heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.