Leak that I can't find...

Jun 8, 2015
Little Rock, AR
I have a pool leak that I can't find. We have a 24" above ground pool that I'm pretty sure has a small leak. We have had the pool for 6 years and noticed towards the later part of last summer we were losing more water than normal. I figured it was just evaporation due to the heat. However, this year we seem to be losing even more water. About 1/4 - 1/2" a day. I live in central Arkansas and it hasn't been very hot yet. Plus, we did the evaporation test and still lost more water from the pool than in the bucket. There is no water puddle around the pool (although a small part of the pool is underground due to leveling of our yard when the pool was installed), and no water around the pump, skimmer or hoses. We have attempted to locate the leak with the red food coloring but still can't seem to find anything. Although I'm not going to swear we did the food coloring process correctly.

I recently read about the Marlig Fix a Leak product. Has anyone used this? Does it work? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to locate and fix the leak? I don't want to drain the pool and I REALLY don't want to spend the money to have someone come out. :???:

I tried it with no luck. The leak detection services are well worth the money. They put a small electric charge in the pool and it seeks its' way to ground through any holes in the liner. Once they find the leak they patch it and you go swimming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.