Alto180 (NJ)

Jun 8, 2015
Lambertville
Hi everyone,

Bought a house with a pool last summer, couldn't get it going and clear even with all the pool supply store "help".

Found this forum, bought my TF1000 Test Kit and am now gonna see if I can use this thing in my yard for more than just decoration :)

Thanks in advance to everyone who will guide me through all my confusion in the near future lol

-Alto

Hello and welcome! :wave: Glad to have you with us. If you haven’t done so already, take a moment to read some of our most common and vital links (below in my sig) to keep you ahead of the game with clear water.

Golden rule - Avoid the pool store for testing, advice, or products. You simply won’t get the advice/service you deserve and you will waste money on products your pool doesn’t need. Do not add anything to your pool other than what is advocated by the TFP site or its experts. You’ll have a happier pool, spend less time maintaining your pool, and probably save lots of $$ in the process. The following are short articles from this site that you will see linked in my signature below: Pool School, Recommended Levels (for YOUR pool), PoolMath Calculator, SLAM, and the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

Again, welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Remember - There are NO dumb questions. Post any questions you need as TFP members will be happy to assist.