New pool build

good to see another florida build. Looks good. I wish i would have went with a bigger shelf :(

They will be doing my time in a couple of days. When did you start the project?
Wednesday will be 4 weeks since the day they excavated. It took 5 weeks for permit before that. Palm Beach County. I read all the horror stories on forums before signing so I was prepared for the worst.
BTW I check in on your thread. Awesome pool man

Wednesday will be 4 weeks since the day they excavated. It took 5 weeks for permit before that. Palm Beach County. I read all the horror stories on forums before signing so I was prepared for the worst.
BTW I check in on your thread. Awesome pool man
Thanks!!!
Permits are a pain up and down the coast. I was lucky and got mine in 24 hours :). Permit was submitted on 5/14 and approved on 5/15 and digging started on 5/27. I am a little nervous with it going so fast but I'm getting itchy to get it done now.

We signed our pool contract during spring break (mid March) but weren't scheduled to dig until May 29!! Fortunately the builder had a cancellation and we dug on May 6th. We are currently scheduled to fill July 1. Permitting and HOA took a while, but PB was really busy. Love watching the Florida builds..

Blue Granite but I keep asking myself if Aqua Blue is maybe the right choice. Our pool is fairly shallow and I'm not sure Blue Granite will provide the color I'm looking for. Something tells me I will be happy with whatever I end up with. The starfish/fish are on the deep end bench

I feel the exact same way!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Compacted soil. Added sand. Compacted that. A little more sand. Then pavers. Hopefully, next they will replace the starfish that were broke during decking haha. No big deal. I know they'll make it right. Seriously though, I'm not sure what's next. Only things left are equipment install, electric, baby fence and plaster. Oh, and the much anticipated "cleanup".

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man! That's a shame. But you're lucky it was the starfish and not one of the turtles. Starfish regenerate, right?!! Ha ha!

I hear ya' about the cleanup. I'm beginning to look more forward to the cleanup than the plaster! Well, almost! Suz.

So they came today to grind down and shape where the travertine overhangs. I noticed a couple things I'm not too happy with. Do you guys think I'm being too picky? Which of these would insist be replaced/fixed?
Very noticable chip and mark where his grinder caught the edge

- - - Updated - - -

Smaller chips. Not sure I'd insist on replacement but if I were doing this job, I would not have been happy with my work so I'm on the fence...

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like grinder got away from him. Again, if it were my work, no way I'd sign off on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not nearly as noticeable in picture but there's a section that juts out and just looks off. As simple as a tiny amount of sanding to bring it in a bit would fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, from my measurements, the deck came in around 100sq/ft under contract including 5% for waste. I requested we measure it together before payment. What do you guys think? It's $7 sq/ft. Would you pay $700 for sq/ft you didn't get?

Grinder marks and chips-I would allow them to see if they can smooth them out so they do not stand out as much. That one big chip...........I do not think can be smoothed out but you never know.

-The "jut out"-I could not figure out what was wrong but something did look off when I first looked at it. When I read what your wrote I could see it. I would allow them to fix it.

-missing 100sq/ft-------do you have any idea if it was one area that they did not do or is it from overall shortness? Either way NO I would not pay them for it.

Kim

I'm pretty happy with the baby fence. Time will tell if the anchors will hold up but for now it seems pretty solid. We requested a self closing gate one day before install and so glad we did. It is very nice. Electric was completed yesterday. Pebble Sheen is scheduled for the 15th. We decided to add the Abalone Shells also. So far we are happy with the process. My builder estimated a 6 week build. If pebble is done on time, it will be a 7 week build which is more than acceptable to us. I'm going to do my best to wrap up sod and majority of landscaping this weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.