DIY Home Improvement Gurus?

Remove range, dishwasher to floor under them. Measure well to get as not to have a narrow boards at the finish end. Work out of a few boxs at a time. Stagger the joints by at least 6" and keep checking field as you go. You don't want seams to line a board or two apart. Check each board before installing. I set each board, tapped in place for a tight fit in both directions, length and butt end. Stand on the field and board your nailing (stradle nailer). This keeps it pushed down when nailing. You have to start the job and end off with finish nails. The nailer won't work for the first and last foot or so (wall interfernce).

Did an addition kitchen, dining room in hardwood. Just finished 800sf laminate/interlocking.

We installed prefinished wood strips (Bruce, 2 1/4") in our home in Louisiana. We glued the strips directly to the slab.

I looked through all the boxes and fount the pieces I thought were 'interesting' and made sure those were placed in around in areas that would be visible, not under the dining room table or china hutch. I was also VERY particular about getting the joints staggered. The end result was lovely!

Have fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow, what coincidence! I'm doing mine right now, 800 Sq Ft!! That looks GREAT!
Note its still dirty and no trim.
Flooring001.jpg

Flooring004.jpg

Flooring007.jpg

Your flooring looks so similar. We did Columbia Taylor Honey Oak. Scratched it the first night moving the fridge back into place. Lovely. :x And the stupid chair pads keep falling off. Going to try a different brand. Now the cabinets look even more dated than before. You do one thing it makes the rest look icky, before you know it, it's a full remodel. I think we're going to paint them and get a new sink and countertops. That should help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.