Different surface textures for steps/slope?

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
My pool design has a pretty sharp transition from shallow to deep. The surface I have planned is a WetEdge product that is slicker than snot. Walking the pool after the gunite was sprayed, me and several of my neighbors came to the conclusion that the shallow/deep transition and the steps off the tanning ledge could be dangerously slick. Will PBs do 2 separate surface layers, without charging me for 2 complete/separate layers, or is this an unusual/insane request?

I imagine that's possible since I've seen pools with tanning ledges in different plaster colors than the rest of the pool. Have you seen the Primera finish first hand? I'm wanting to use it in the spa to reduce wear/tear on swimsuits and body parts. I was concerned it might be too slippery on the spa entry step. What makes it slippery is the polishing they do after pebble application. What if they skip the polish or just go ever lightly to get abrasive pebbles?

And wow, a large part of that pool is deep. We are struggling with deciding on perfect transition between shallow and deep areas of pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.