Hayward 711 13 Multiport Valve

Jun 11, 2007
Hi,
I rebuilt my multiport valve, but now that that is complete, i noticed that the handle is loose, but it seems to be sealed asked the spider gasket well (still rebuilding pool). Is this normal, or should it be tight from the moment you press on it? I replaced the o ring (had to reuse the teflon seal, but it was ok) and the larger O ring and spider gasket, plus is got a thorough cleaning. Also, it seemed the previous owner may have over-tightened the guage. While it isn't loose, the threads aren't as tight as I think they should be....Any suggestions? (I think a few extra wraps of teflon tape would help) or does anyone have any other ideas? I though about putting in some small pieces of pipe from the hardware store, and premanently attached them to the valve, but leave the guage so it can be chaged.

Thanks
Jamie

Hi,
I like the nickname, C-Rack.. ok, I will try to explain, normally, you plus down on the handle, then rotate. On mine, you do that, put you have an inch play before it begins to lift up the piece inside the valve. It seems to work fine, but I am in the process of putting together the pool. Just seems like WAY to much play. I could easily pull out the metal pin holding on the handle. I noticed when I re-assembled the unit, when I tightend the screws, it began to push up the handle. It doesn't seem like anything is block it, but I am not sure. I guess I won't know until water flows through it. It is mounted to the top of a Gm152 sand filter, 3/4 horse motor for a 24ft, 48in AGP. The spring seems ok, I will double check, but it seems to be working just fine.

Thanks

jamie

I get it :idea: Some do tend to do that, I think the plastic on the bottom of the handle just wears out, as long as it works, I wouldn't worry about it right now. The important things are that it seals (doesn't leak) and can change positions easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.