draining pool water

Oct 20, 2008
LONG ISLAND NY
hi
i put alot of bleach in my pool water to clear algae. once this process is complete , according to pool school , i should shock the water and drain water below skimmer and return so i can close the pool. with all the bleach used in my pool water over the past 4 days to get the algae out of the water is there anything that would be unsafe about draining this water with the bleach in it into my grass or into the sewer system .

thank you

tom

Some types of grass will lighten when subjected to a high chlorine water source. I drain my water into my house gutter drain line. The same line is used to drain water from the grass using lawn drain connections. The grass in the area of the drains grow roots into the drain line. The roots in the drain line pick up the chlorinated water and the grass around the drains turn white. The good news is that the grass doesn't die, it just turns white for a few days and then goes green again.

But, you should check with your local water dept or county govt to see if there are
rules about draining. Where I am, I can backwash onto the ground, but for draining
it has to go into the sewer.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.