St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Does anyone know if the Hayward Navigator has a clear rubber looking ball as an internal part?

Mine was acting super drunk the other day and then it finally started working normally again all on its own. I noticed that the little flaps on the sides are not flapping like they used to though. Tonight I went to the pump/filter area with a flashlight and noticed a small clear rubber looking ball in the pump skimmer. I was not sure if it was an internal part to the cleaner or if it might have just sucked it up from inside the pool.

If this part does not sound familiar, any idea why my drunk cleaner is not flapping his wings anymore? LOL :-D

I am not sure how old it is as it came with the house we just moved into. I am thinking either way, the ball caused the cleaner to act funny the other day and not work properly. Once the ball passed, then it started to work ok again.

The unit appears to be cleaning properly, just no flapping. Not sure what the flapping does anyway.

Are your wings past the wear out point? There is a molded in line on the ends of the wings that is the replacement point for them. I don't recall mine ever "flapping" as they are part of the suction pickup system and are suppose to stay in contact with the pool bottom pretty much.
I do not recall any "ball" on mine when I disassembled it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.