Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Navigator

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Navigator

Does anyone know if the Hayward Navigator has a clear rubber looking ball as an internal part?

Mine was acting super drunk the other day and then it finally started working normally again all on its own. I noticed that the little flaps on the sides are not flapping like they used to though. Tonight I went to the pump/filter area with a flashlight and noticed a small clear rubber looking ball in the pump skimmer. I was not sure if it was an internal part to the cleaner or if it might have just sucked it up from inside the pool.

If this part does not sound familiar, any idea why my drunk cleaner is not flapping his wings anymore? LOL
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward Navigator

It has been a while since I took on apart but I don't recall any balls in the unit.

How old is the unit? Might be time for a rebuild.

- Josh
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

I am not sure how old it is as it came with the house we just moved into. I am thinking either way, the ball caused the cleaner to act funny the other day and not work properly. Once the ball passed, then it started to work ok again.

The unit appears to be cleaning properly, just no flapping. Not sure what the flapping does anyway.
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer

4. Back To Top    #4

Are your wings past the wear out point? There is a molded in line on the ends of the wings that is the replacement point for them. I don't recall mine ever "flapping" as they are part of the suction pickup system and are suppose to stay in contact with the pool bottom pretty much.
    I do not recall any "ball" on mine when I disassembled it.
    30,000 Gallons, Hayward C5030 cartridge filter, IG, Plaster, SWG