Replace Pool Deck Carpeting

The outdoor carpeting/covering that was on my pool deck has ripped and frayed. I removed it and now all that is there is the bare aluminum. See (sideways) photo.

I am having a hard time finding someone to come replace the carpeting. In addition, it appears that there are other options like non-skid paint and modular deck tiles such as:

Buy Patio Tiles and Decking

Anyone have any thoughts on how I might proceed with this? Obviously the aluminum deck will be tremendously hot so any non-skid paint or deck tiles would need to be heat resistant as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

attachment.php

Attachments

• pool_pic.jpg
    pool_pic.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 247
I would get some of that deck tile stuff in your link. I bet will be last longer and look better than the outdoor carpet. That is just me speaking from my gut.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I would NOT paint it. It will not stick good for long.

If you decide to paint it then use semi-solid or solid exterior stain. It is available in many colors and will last longer than paint, won't chip or peel and is easy to recoat.

I am at a standstill with the same issue. What to do? What to do? I see this post was from last summer, what did you end up using and how does it look? Thanks for your help!

Welcome to TFP,

You're not likely to get an answer from this poster with them only being here once with this, and not back for some time. I would encourage you to start a new thread with your specifics, and hopefully get some answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.