CYA didn't increase?

cbach

May 15, 2015
Midlothian, Texas
Being that I decided to continue with SWG and am waiting for the new cell to arrive, I wanted to get my CYA up from ~50-55 to ~70-80 in preparation. I added 4lbs of pre-dissolved cyanuric granuals 5 days ago and have run constantly since, but testing still shows the same reading. No water loss, FC holding as expected around 6 with loss of about 2 a day, no CC, PH high today from a lot of use/kids in it all day yesterday, TA 90. Any idea why it wouldn't have raised as expected?

Well,
1. you are not sure when it is all truly dissolved in the filter. It would not have dissolved much in the bucket ... really made a slurry I would think.

2. Testing error? Were both tests done in the same lighting conditions? The test is +/- 15ppm, but if conditions were the same, I would have expected you to see at least some rise.

Yes, mostly a slurry, but would hope a few full days of pump running would dissolve it. Testing done in same light and as exact as possible with this kit....maybe my eyesight has gotten better during the week :) I'll just give it a little longer and see what it does.

Next time add the CYA to a sock and place it either in front of a return or in the skimmer. (return preferred)

You added an unknown variable by doing the bucket method. It still should have risen, so your guess is as good as mine...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.