advise for pool tile remodel cap tile

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I am getting ready to get my pool refinished with wet edge I believe, it needs a tile remodel update as well. I am getting quotes now and I want to lose the outdated 2-1/2 cap tile. However the deck is an existing old school concrete acrylic coating slab which I had remodeled with travertine pavers on top of the slab with overhang coping (not remodel) so with the slab underneath the pavers and existing deck it needs more than 1 row of tile I believe.

I was thinking about a smaller top row of tile then the standard 6 inch tile below it as the water level for the skimmer will be off. One estimate the guy said to just remove the tiles including the cap tile and move the tile up to the bottom of the coping.

I'm getting bids now but everyone is so busy with complete new builds here I am having a problem getting return phone calls for quotes. The job may wait till off season but I do have a major crack in the pool so losing a good amount of water.

Any advise please?

Thanks,

Attachments

• pool tile.jpg
    pool tile.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 31
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.