New Pool Build - Katy, TX

vitzar

Jun 1, 2015
Katy, TX
After months of decisions (March to May) and heavy rains, the day of the dig arrived today. Below is the design as it exists on paper. When it was drawn on the ground we made few modifications. It turns out when design is done on paper (or computer) it is not always looks as good when it is on the ground. Some areas were enlarged, some curves were changed. With all the reading my wife and I did on this site we took the time to ensure the size and layout is as we will like it (I think;))!
f5e6b8dcf8a88c50480f670ef2ddf473.jpg

I am going to love watching this one! I love the paper picture. Shoot a pic of the ground drawing.

Now make sure that the changes made were written down and are put up in a place where EVERYONE can see them and do the right job!

Good luck!

Kim

:wave: Welcome neighbor (almost - we live in Cypress)!

Beautiful plans, and awesome your builder is willing/encouraging to make adaptions on the fly.

I love the trees which look like they will provide some nice shade! From your picture, I can also see you will have some good sun. Best of both worlds.

I'll let the experts and others comment on your specs. But you've been more than approved design wise by me. LOL! Just kidding - I gotta feel important some how!

Keep the pictures rolling! This is going to be fun! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'll try to keep things rolling with pics as the build progresses. PB says we should have rebar and gunite crews early this week. I hope the weather permits it.

Just to add some detail on style and material. Our PB is helping us create a lagoon style pool. Our current path is to have limestone colored bolder impressions for the waterfall and coping. Most of the material was selected to withstand salt in the pool. Patio cover will also be built extending from the garage wall. We have not determined the exact plaster to use, but we are going with one of the Wet Edge options that provide a nice shade of blue (not dark and not green). Let's see how it works out...

That was NEAT! Thanks! This is going to be fun watch. Make sure to take pics of everything even the pipes and such. You never know when it will come in handy later on.

Kim (Hey Suz! How are we going to sneak into his yard now?????? LOL)

Kim: First, you'll stay at my place. Depending on what part of Katy, we're probably 40-50 minutes away. The rest of the plans can be worked out while floating and sipping adult beverages. Let me finish my pool, first! I don't have all the 5 Star resort amenities like an outdoor kitchen, bar, fireplace, fire pit, cabana, pool boy, etc (sounding bleak here...), but my rates are better.

If we get bored here, there are many 5 star pools nearby from TFP! PARTYYYYYY! :party: Suz.

Very neat and clean dig. I do not see any tracks or dug up yard for the bobcat when digging the hole and removing dirt. It looks like they lowered it in by crane for the dig. My yard by comparison looks like a bombed out village on the french coast during D-Day. My crew had to remove 5 tree stumps but it still is more of a "mess" than your yard.

Very neat and clean dig. I do not see any tracks or dug up yard for the bobcat when digging the hole and removing dirt. It looks like they lowered it in by crane for the dig. My yard by comparison looks like a bombed out village on the french coast during D-Day. My crew had to remove 5 tree stumps but it still is more of a "mess" than your yard.

No Bobcat was in and out. The guy driving it was an Ace, dodging both palm trees and small entry to the yard. They also did a good job cleaning up.
VIDEO Check out Bobcat Timelapse: https://youtu.be/I6AjLV8oSpI

- - - Updated - - -

The walls are pretty solid and there was not much wet ground to my surprise. Hopefully rain will not come before gunite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.