Spa heating issue

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey guys...

I have a spill over spa in my inground pool.
I use an old heater that always worked great for the pool. The pb put the spa in, and it works excellent. Jets work great, spills over perfectly... No complaints.

My only complaint is that the old heater starts cutting off when the spa reaches 100 degrees. It might get to 101, but never any hoter. This is not a digital heater. I just turn the spa on, and turn the heater all the way up. Within about 20 minutes, the spa is 100 - 101.

Is there any way to play with the thermostat in old style heaters to make it stay on a little longer? It I could just pull another 2 or 3 degrees out of the thing, it would be perfect.

I really can't afford to spend over 1k on a new heater right now.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance,

Mitch, I don't have an answer, but I can tell you the folks who can help will need to know at least the brand and possibly the model of the heater to really answer your question. Good luck.

Yeah, a make and model would be handy. If it's an old millivolt heater I'd suggest just trying a new temp sensor/thermostat assembly.

And if you decide to do that there's no reason not to make a science experiment of the old one. It may be as simple as putting a resistor on the temp sensor line. But that brings us back to needing to know what kind of heater you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.