Test Results

Good job!

Your PH is a little high. Use muratic acid to bring it down to 7.5. Use pool math to know how much to add.

CH----How did it get from 200 to 25? If you did not do anything to the water please check your testing to see if you might have made a mistake. BUT with your having a vinyl liner your CH really does not matter.

You list chlorine as 5 in the top set then list FC=8 can you please tell me how you got these results.

You did a great job with the posting!

Kim

The yellow OTO chlorine test is a good indicator of no chlorine vs chlorine in the water, it is hard to tell from the color what the FC level is. The FAS-DPD powder chlorine test is much more accurate.

Okay so you are doing two tests for Chlorine/FC. Got it now.

There is no need. I just use the powder test due to how accurate it is.

When you post your test results please just do and post the powder test. If you want to use the yellow test for your every day test you can. Just know it is like stated above---------is there chlorine in the water is all it really shows.

Kim

FYI, I always do the OTO test when I do the pH .. and then follow up with the FAS-DPD to get the real FC number. I like to see how close of a guess I can get ... and I seem to get remarkably close :D

In the few weeks I have owned my pool. I have used the OTO test twice...

It is pointless in my opinion.

The only purpose it serves is the FAS-DPD test can give a false reading and tell you that you have 0 chlorine under certain circumstances. The OTO test will show you that this is a false reading. I believe this only happens at a very high level of chlorine, although I could be remembering wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.