Aqua Trol cell reading 26.5 volts / 4.57 amps

This is what I found in the manual.
2. Cell voltage (typically 22.0 to 26.0 volts when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 30-35V)
3.Cell current (typically 2.50 to 4.00 amps when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 0 amps)
I think that's close enough not to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually a higher salt level would cause the amps to go up. You are at the higher end of the salt according to the manual, but I don't think it's too high as it will shut off if it gets too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The amperage has dropped down to 4.08 with all the rain we have had , now my level is 3100 , @ 80% output.. Brought water to Leslie's and all it needed was 20oz of muratic and 4lbs conditioner..

I know I paid more for the conditioner ($28) but not owning a pool before I learned alot yesterday and the woman was really cool and like the fact I got a print out and she said come as often as you like ,even if I don't buy anything..

Couldn't work in that store , I smelled like chlorine after I left :crazy:

If you read just about all threads on this forums there is a common theme - "Get your own good test kit"! Do not rely on pool store testing. It may be "free" but, is it accurate? Does the employee know what their doing? They are in business to sell you chemicals etc. at very jacked up prices. You can see the recommended test kits at:

TFTestkits.net

You can get the Taylor K-2006 kit at many pool stores. The TF-100 give you the most bang for your buck. When you get your kit, you can post your numbers and get excellent advice as to what you need to do and where you can get the chemical(s) at cheaper prices then a pool store.

The Aqua Trol uses the GLX-CELL-5 salt cell. The numbers are OK. What is your water temperature?

Do you have the T-5 cell?

Note that high water temperature will cause higher than normal amps. This is increased further if the cell is after a running heater. For a high temp pool with a heater, you want to maintain the salt at the lower end of the range to prevent a high amps error shutdown.

T-5 cell , water temp was 89/90 today..

As for doing my own water testing I have the strips and after doing what was said 20 oz muratic which I have , and 4 lbs conditioner , spot on.. yeah I know I paid more for the CYA

New to this , running 70% for 8 hours took a splash this afternoon , really nice , no smell ,eyes feel great , just a slight taste of salt at 3100..

Tested before I left this evening with strips, everything is spot on.

I will see about getting a good test kit , big learning curve to me ..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.