pool opening questions

Jun 27, 2013
When the pool was closed antifreeze was used I have 2 jets and the only way i can drain is via skimmer./filter. So how do i get the antifreeze out so that it doesnt go into the pool?

also i see different info on how high to get FC to. Is it 3ppm or 10 ppm on opening and how many times do i need to reach this level and what time duration

thx

also i see different info on how high to get FC to. Is it 3ppm or 10 ppm on opening and how many times do i need to reach this level and what time duration

thx

Can't help you on the antifreeze question as we don't close our pool, sorry! But the answer to your chlorine question is: the correct answer is based on your pool's CYA level and how your water looks, and what your own reliable testing shows for chemistry levels.

There is no "One size fits All" amount. Every pool has its own needs based on CYA, sun exposure, water quality, water tests....

How do you test your pool water? How does your pool look? How do you chlorinate your pool?

Ok I ll use the chart that compares cya / fc. But if I need to get into the target range or shock range for opening? And how many times if I need to get I to shock range should I get into that range in a 24 or 48 hours period?

Ok I ll use the chart that compares cya / fc. But if I need to get into the target range or shock range for opening? And how many times if I need to get I to shock range should I get into that range in a 24 or 48 hours period?

SLAM .... Shock Level AND MAINTAIN .... so you want to get above shock level and keep it there until your water clears. You can go a bit above and then refresh before it gets down to shock level.

There is never any need for algaecide. Liquid chlorine during your SLAM will kill whatever algae you have, and maintain a proper FC level will keep it from returning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.