First Taylor K2006 test results...

mbmom

Apr 8, 2013
Can anyone tell me what I need to do please? I figured out that I need to add 3 oz of bleach according to pool math, after that I am a little lost.

3.4 FC
.4 CC
7.6 PH
150 TA
160 CH
35 CYA

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Congratulations on the kit!

Your numbers look just fine. A little bleach will make sure you don't go below minimum between now and tomorrow. Figure your FC target based on a 40 CYA, best to always round up.

Going forward you can just use the 10 ml sample for your chlorine test. It saves reagent and the 0.5 ppm precision is fine for all but the most unusual situations.

Tomorrow you will want to test your pH and chlorine. Your CH, TA, and CYA are more weekly-ish tests than daily. After a while, once you get the hang of things and get a feel for your pools chlorine appetite you will be able to just do the yellow OTO chlorine test daily and save the pink FAS/DPD test for every couple of days.

So now, enjoy your pool! :snorkle:

Um.... go swimming? :splash: Those numbers are fine. For now.

You need a bit more bleach than that. With 35 CYA, pool math says 3 to 7 FC as the target. What that means in real terms is never let FC drop below 3 and aim high enough that it won't drop below 3 before the next time you add bleach. Could be 5, could be 6, could be 7. Every pool is slightly different. You'll learn quick enough through daily testing how much your pool eats every day. I'd say target 6. That's 13 ounces of 8.25% clorox.

Now... on to confuse you a bit. Taylor says to use 25 ml of water and 2 scoops of powder. Well of course they would, the same way coffee roasters tell you to use massive quantities of grounds when you brew a pot. You can use 10 ml of water and only one scoop of powder. As long as there is still one or two undissolved granules after you swirl it, you have enough powder. Then when you count drops, each drop is .5 FC. It saves time and expensive reagents and is plenty accurate for our purposes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.