Brown dust

Dust bunnies on the floor that disappear when you approach them with a vacuum or brush is classic algae behavior. It's mostly dead stuff. You need to kill all of it.

It sounds like you're not maintaining adequate chlorine for your stabilizer level. Can you post test results? And how are you chlorinating?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use 'pucks' for right now. I just added 2lbs of shock and 2 3' chlorine 'pucks'
The pucks raise the CYA level, which may or may not be a good thing. The "shock" could be adding more; there are at least three different powders that are called shock and two of them do. They also mess with the pH. In brief, you might be making a bad situation worse. Anyway.... the solution remains the same as before I can't improve on the answer you got before.

I have the Aqua Chem 6 way test strips for now. (I know better test kit) but anyway my results are
total hardness-100
total chlorine-0
free chlorine-0
pH-7.2
total alkalinity-120
stabilizer-50
If you believe those strips, your CYA is 50 so your minimum FC should never dip below 4 and you should target more like 7 every day. Your CYA will be slightly higher when those pucks are done dissolving, so 8 FC might not be a bad target for you. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

So do you know what I need to add? The water is blue just slightly cloudy.

Not to step on Richard's toes here (since I would listen to him like gospel) but you need to add chlorine (preferably bleach or sodium hypochlronite).

You can use the Pool Math link on top to calculate how much you need to add. Plug in the numbers for number of gallons of water in your pool, FC = 0, ph = 7.2, etc. For your target for FC you want 8. Then mouse over to the right hand section and specify what kind of chlorine you plan to put in. The calculate will then tell you how much to add if you put your mouse over the appropriate metric.

Desperate situations like yours need to be addressed acurrately and swiftly. You can not do either at this point in time without a test kit. You are right in the middle of a bloom and unless you take your pool by the rafts and kick this bloom out of your pool, you're going to watch it take over.

You need a TF100.
Post accurate test results.
Bleach.
Pool School links on how to defeat algae.

You may not want to hear it but this is what you need to clear your pool. Well be here when you decide to do it the right way.

So do you know what I need to add? The water is blue just slightly cloudy.

As Richard said, read the Chlorine CYA Chart to determine what your chlorine level is for your CYA level. Never let the chlorine drop below the minimum level for your CYA level or algae will grow.

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.