A slide??

May 19, 2013
East Granby CT
I know that it is not recommended, but who has a slide on their above ground pool? If you do what brand/model is it and height or rough idea of dimensions? I want to do it for the kids(ya right) but the misses and I butt heads on the safety aspect.
We (ugh..hum..ugh.. I) built the deck a little bit larger to accommodate some play things so I always envisioned having one. The shorter kid friendly ones seem ideal but maybe a full size would work. What are the general opinions? and as always everyone loves pictures right?!! Talking about a 5 and soon to be 8 yr old that swim daily from open to closing time.

Thanks in advance

What we're dealing with

IMG_1695.jpg

Thanks for the responses.
Yes that's my old skid steer behind the pool. I am fortunate to have access to equipment to do the bulk of the heavy work.
I have a cool playscape slide that could be neat but building a wooden frame and ladder wouldn't likely hold up to my two.
I have been searching on Craig's list looking but am not willing to travel too far. A bunch of the small slides have come up but all have been 2+ hrs away.

Hi Litchfield, We installed a slide similar to those you see posted in our above ground years ago and the kids loved it. So when we had our inground built we had them install one. I understand your misses concern, but in my opinion it's safer than when kids (and adults) try to headlong dives into a 4' pool. The angle is shallow enough your not heading butting the bottom. The kids have slid feet first on their backs and face forward on their bellies with no problems.
One thing I would add, the inground slide has water lines to keep the slide wet, which makes it a much faster ride. It feeds pool water via the pump to the slide, so that's is something to consider if you could make that work.

In the end it comes down to setting rules as it is with anything around pools. ( the only problem we ever had with the slide was the teenagers who thought they could stand up and surf their way down the slide) Needless to say that ended the moment I saw it. I think you folks would enjoy it and you know the kids would. Good luck with the project...... and the Misses ;)

I have the Sr Smith rogue 2 on my deck for above ground pool....I made sure to call my insurance company to make sure it was ok...they said no problem...shocked me...my 5 year old and his friends all love it...handles up to 250lbs...so adults love it too....Think it was $1500 on Amazon...we've gone down it every way imaginable and never had a problem...obviously just make sure to bolt it in to good support under the deck..I used pvc to connect it off the pump so constant water flow without affecting the cya or chlorine in pool...best investment for fun in pool for kids...and adults...I'll post a pic soon

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

01511877f802dbcb5aa0a990f083dbc4.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.