Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Magic Jack VoiP phone

1. Back To Top    #1

Magic Jack VoiP phone

Any other forum members out there using Magic Jack as their phone service? We just ordered one and were wondering how it has been working out for other users ?
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Magic Jack VoiP phone

I use magic jack. it is OK, wouldnot want to use it for a business conf call from home, but a normal conversation it has worked fine. It is inexpensive and worth the money. Long calls (over 15 minutes) seem to get a little crackly
    Steve from Texas

18000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool with attached jacuzzi

3. Back To Top    #3

I recently got the Magicjack. We do not have landines at home, just use our cell's for the last 7 years. I use the MJ when I dont want to waste cell minutes on things like calling customer service and being put on hold forever. It seems to work fine. Cheap too, $19.95 a year.
    25,000 gallon freeform inground gunite pool with 12" raised spa. 3.5'- 6.4' deep.
    2 skimmers, 6 returns and bubbler on sunshelf.
    Jandy 1.5 hp pump, Jandy valves, Jandy CL340 cart filter, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 280 w booster, Jandy LXI 4000 heater.
    White plaster, flagstone coping, custom tan tiles with decos on raised spa.
    Pentair lights.
    650 sq ft concrete deck.

4. Back To Top    #4

I use magic jack. The voice quality is fine, but once in a while when I make a call all I get is a dial tone and have to redial a couple of times before it goes through.

I didn't disconnect my landline; I like the convenience of having a land line in every room and I always have "What if i need 911?" in the back of my mind. I did get rid of the long distance service on my land line though and always use the magic jack for it. The price is right and it saves my cell minutes.
    Built 3/08: 12x30 IG gunite/plaster play pool w/ in floor cleaning heads & auto water leveler, (10,584 gal), two Jandy Stealth SHPF 1.0 hp pumps, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Taylor K-2005 test kit.