Caretake Valver Rebuild Problem

Jun 6, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
I rebuilt the 5-port valves using the Jandy's OEM rebuild kit. Everyhting seemingly went together smoothly but when I started the system back-up a loud rattling sound occurred. It sounded like one of the ball bearings was spinning around inside the top housing. I've since taken it apart twice in an attempt to locate the problem -- without success. All of the internal parts appear to be in their correct positions. The pistons stay seated when I turn the center plate over. The cam assembly impeller and gears spin freely and all 5 of the ball bearings are seated in their indents. There is no rattle when I manually spin the impeller.

I'm at my wits end; disassembling and reassembling the unit three times is about as much punishment as I can take. I've contacted three local pool service companies and they don't see to want to touch it. HELP !!!

Frustrated in Vero Beach, Fl

when you first start it up after a rebuild it has to purge the air out and that is what you are hearing, it will bang crack shake rattle an roll. Best thing to do it close the valve off to the 5 port and redirect the water to the normal pool returns, switch pump on then slowly open the valve to the 5 port, this will purge the air out slowly, once you have reached the correct pressure setting (15 - 19 psi) stop turning the valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.