Replacing horizontal beam and t-fitting in summer escape

After taking the pool cover off we noticed 1 section was bent from the heavy snow. Right now we are draining the pool because my husband thought it was a great idea to put wood planks that had paint on them across the pool and now paint clippings all over the pool..so I'm reading if I empty the pool the liner will shrink [emoji45] can I replace the beam and the horizontal beam while the pool is full? Or does it need to be drained?uploadfromtaptalk1433613686159.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433613715001.jpg

14x42 summer escape metal frame pool with 2800 gph intex sand filter pump

ah, sorry! I didn't get it. yeah, I probably would have suggested waiting to drain until you had the part in hand. you might be able to put a few inches in, but yes it needs to be pretty empty to dismantle the frame.

these pools are designed to be taken down over winter so I would think getting it out of the sun would be good enough in terms of the shrinkage issue. That is mostly for thin vinyl liners in walled pools. now if your liner is really old it may have problems but they would probably happen anyway.

Ok so you think I'm ok with just waiting it's only a year old when they talked about vinyl I thought they meant all.. Is it possible to just take that section off or would I need to dismantle the whole pool?

Ok so you think I'm ok with just waiting it's only a year old when they talked about vinyl I thought they meant all.. Is it possible to just take that section off or would I need to dismantle the whole pool?

oh just the section you need to replace, and no I would not fill it until you fix the frame. they are pretty tough pools, but why risk more damage or even ruining it? I would try to make sure it doesn't bake in the sun too much or blow around in the wind, so a few inches of water to keep it in place is fine. maybe lay some old sheets over the sides to protect from the sun. (I have no idea how intense the sun is in MA, where I am it is INTENSE)

I did just see somebody else with a "home repair" of a rail, let me see if I can find that.

found it - Intex rusted horizontal beam

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.