Slamming Pool for 10 days water still cloudy

djhous

Jun 1, 2010
Middle TN
Started slamming pool last Wed. May 27th using my TF 100 test kit. This Wed I realized the kit was from 2013 and maybe reagents were old. Ordered new reagents and got them today. Pool water was green when I opened so I started slam. The green is gone but water is still cloudy.

Here are my results from about an hour ago

FC 11

CC 0

TA 100

CYA 60

CH 180

Ph 7.5

I have been adding enough bleach through the day to bring FC to 24 Today is the lowest I have let it drop in the last 10 days. Didn't want to do anything else till I tested today with new reagents.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Pool is 12 years old and I have used pool store every year Hope to change that now

A SLAM at high CYA levels is tough, but you just have to stick with it. If it were me, before I brought the FC back up I would do about a 33% water exchange to get that CYA down to a more reasonable number.

Also, understand that when the FC is above 10 the pH test reads incorrectly high.

Thank you. ph was 7.5 before I started slam. I can start drain and refill today if that will make this go faster. Would it be ok to put sump pump toward bottom of pool to drain and refill with hose from top?
you can do it that way, but it ends up using more water. You will be pumping out some of the new water with the old. If you do,go,that route, have the pump at one end with the hose at the other and the circulation pump turned off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.