New here...1st test results

Hi, I am new to the TFP method, I had been just letting my husband manage the pool chemistry (with the help of the pool store) for the past 2 years, but this year we had to do a full water drain and refill (from county water) due to a leak, so I decided to investigate what needed to be done to the new water and came across TFP. I realized we (or the husband) hadn't been keeping up our water chemistry all that well, so I have taken over the job. These are actually my 2nd set of test results because I wanted to get some CYA in the water before I posted anything, so I added that 7 days ago and here are my results from today:
FC 6
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 80
CH 50
CYA 60
salt 3000
(fiberglass pool)

Where should I go from here?

Welcome Morpheus321, Isaac is a busy man or he would have answered in greater detail. But as he said your numbers look pretty good. Your PH and TA are at the high end for SWG pool. Your calcium (CH) is low for a fiberglass pool, though. Someone with a lot more knowledge than me will respond shortly I'm sure. In the mean time I suggest checking out pool school, especially pool chemistry, water balance for SWG. It will shed a lot of light on what you need to aim for. Again welcome aboard :salut:

I'd lower your pH down to 7.2 with muriatic acid n keep an eye on it. As it rises up to 7.8, bring it back down. SWG have a tendency for pH to rise.

You could use an old plastic milk jug and mark the side for 1pt. 1qt. 2 qt. or an large plastic kitchen measuring (4cups) size... If you are good at estimating the amount used then mark the side of the acid plastic jug. Just avoid getting on clothes or shoes. Never add water to acid Always add acid to water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.