high TA and low CH

Jun 6, 2015
waterford MI
Hi
I have issue with high TA(175) and low CH(175) .
I have lowered PH to 7.0 and I keep it this way for 3 days and I don't see any changes in TA. I know that to raise CH I have to add some calcium chloride (I will ASAP) but TA seems to be frozen. I keep fighting with that pool for a while and water remains to be cloudy.
starting to have enough of it. This is a inground plaster pool that have been painted with some pool paint by previous owner,
have old gravel/sand filter (replaced sand last year),
use trichlor as sanitizer(FC=15, CC=0.5)I keep chlorine high to remove that cloudiness,
current PH=7.1
CYA=48

any suggestions what else can I try?
Thanks in advance
Chris.

27700 gal plaster pool painted with pool paint, gravel/sand filter(unknown brand or capacity(no labels)), trichlor feeder,

Last edited:
What are the details of your pool?

Have you read this article re your TA? Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

The pucks you are using are acidic and keeping the pH from rising probably.

You are already getting near the top end of CYA for a non-SWG pool, so you should probably stop using them.

But, if the pool is cloudy I would SLAM it ip using liquid chlorine. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Thanks for answer!
I'll try to stop trichlor for a while and will use liquid to SLAM it and see what happens.
since it is cloudy and FC is so high I understand that my PH reading on FAS-DPD test may be off?
I'm aerating it with water splashing into it from return ans with air.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.