Confirm for me: Do I have a hole in my pool cover?!

Jun 24, 2008
Buffalo, NY
First time homeowner here and the house came with a pool. 17' round AGP. We enjoyed it this summer and now I am a first time pool closer. I used the cover that the previous owners left. I had no reason to believe that it was bad.

Here is the deal: I drained a couple inches below the return jet. Added proper chems, installed the pillow and cover and that was that. Couple weeks pass and I notice a lot of water on the cover. (I rained a tad, sure.) I buy a pump and start pumping. Drained most of it out no problem. A few days later, (it DID rain a little bit) the cover had a lot of water again. I've pumped maybe 3 or 4 times. Lately I have noticed that the pool water level under the cover is wayyy down!

Using my brain I have to conclude that there is a hole in my cover and I HAVE BEEN PUMPING GOOD POOL WATER OUT THIS WHOLE TIME! :grrrr: Can you confirm this for me? :?:

Do you guys recommend refilling a few inches and a new cover before before the REAL winter starts here in Buffalo, NY?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.