Attachiing ladder to deck

Jun 6, 2015
Cincinnati Oh
Hello all! I'm new here but I have an above ground pool and I'm having my deck built around it. I just put the stairs in yesterday and the deck actually sits a few inches below the aluminum top of the pool. My question is how do I attach the stairs, it came with the paddles for deck attachment but I would have to nail some 4x4's to the deck and just to make the paddle attachments fit, and I really just don't think it will look right. Has anyone else run into this problem? And is there a better way to attach them than adding the 4x4's and not having to purchase new stairs? Any input and pictures help! Thanks everyone!

We used a piece of 2x12 treated lumber cut to fit the shape of the ladder that actually touches the deck. The we attached the ladder to the board. No one has ever noticed except for me and to honest I have forgotten about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.