Concrete pool up north

Great info Mike!
The only thing that surprised me was that they didn't mention pool applications for Kerapoxy. Mapei here in sweden said that kerapoxy must be used in saltwater pools :?
I will ask them about opticolour.

Thanks Mike!

Hi Lershac!
I have said that I should swim in July but that estimation was based on a painted pool. Now when I have to mount 8500 tile plates I don't think that estimation is realistic anylonger :hammer:
I have orderd all the electrical equipment that I need to complete my machineroom and the tileing job is coming along quite well. There is one thing that I have to finish before I can fill up the pool and that is the brick wall that surround the pool area. It's a law on that I have to have a safe pool area so that is a task that I have to finish before I can fill it up. But to answer your question! I will be very dissapointed on myself if I haven't taken the first swim in August

Hi there a short update on the tileing job!
I can after mounted a several thousand plates establish that the measurements on the plates could be more accurate :hammer: It's pretty hard to lay areas this big with 100X100 plates if their are just a little out of measure. I have been as careful as I can to get the lines straight but it has taken longer than planned to mount them as result of that, just like every other task :lol: This is not my profession and I can't judge the result until the grout is on them so I have to be pretty satisfied with the outcome so far.
My wife told me that I'm an time optimist but I don't know what she mean with that :cool:
I have taken a few days of my build this week to be able to enjoy beach life with friends and family. Really good decision to make. I have been kind of tired of it all a while now to be honest. But today was the spark back again :cool:

//Mats
[attachment=2:3enjb7q2]fortsatt arbeteIMG_5671.gif[/attachment:3enjb7q2][attachment=1:3enjb7q2]fortsatt arbeteIMG_5672.gif[/attachment:3enjb7q2][attachment=0:3enjb7q2]fortsatt arbeteIMG_5673.gif[/attachment:3enjb7q2]

Attachments

• fortsatt arbeteIMG_5671.gif
    fortsatt arbeteIMG_5671.gif
    218 KB · Views: 943
  • fortsatt arbeteIMG_5672.gif
    fortsatt arbeteIMG_5672.gif
    219.2 KB · Views: 943
  • fortsatt arbeteIMG_5673.gif
    fortsatt arbeteIMG_5673.gif
    220.9 KB · Views: 944
Good afternoon,

Your tile work, just like everything else you have done with your pool, is stunningly precise.

I know what you mean about not knowing the outcome until grout. I can tell you the grout will be very rewarding. It will make any tiny imperfections completely disappear and give the surface a complete, warmer look.

I have always taken a degree of pride in my DIY work but you (and some others here on the forum) humble me. You do very, very, very good work. It's a pleasure to look at your pics.

BTW, I also empathize with getting "burned out" I am in the last 30-60 days of my whole project that has taken 6 years and I am ready to be finished!!

Oh thanks alot everybody!
Unintentinally do I come to think of Dylans legendary words that he shouted to the audience after someone called him Judas on a gig in England back in 1966.
I don't belive you! You're a liar!!!(I told you! I'm a geek....).
What I do is nothing special, more than keeping the longest log in the history of TFP :cheers: Bare in mind that I'm not working at the speed of light, if I express myself carefully :-D
But I really appreciate all the kind words. And I can't emphasis enough how much I learn from different logs on this beautyful site, which is the best I have ever participated in. I get's new inspirations everytime I'm in here, a little to much judged from my wife respons sometimes :? The other day did I see Mirage's "shelter" that he have built and I could immediatley see that type of building around our pool next summer.

I have talked in terms that I have done this build myself and that's not true. My beautyful wife Eva have been very much involved aswell by reliving me from the daily taks with the family and children so I can spend my time building and also helped me very much with the build aswell. So here she is :wave:

I will end this corny post the way I started it, with another Dylan quote!
"Remember keep a good head and always cary a lightbulb!!!"
And yes I had a "few" glas of wine to the dinner tonight, if someone wonder :cool:
//Mats
[attachment=0:2401gmrk]KaklingIMG_4165.gif[/attachment:2401gmrk]

Attachments

• KaklingIMG_4165.gif
    KaklingIMG_4165.gif
    181.6 KB · Views: 856
Matts-

Uh, wow. Your tiling job is impressive, and beyond professional. You have entered the realm of ART. Such precision and thoroughness. If I were able to get that sort of workmanship out of a tradesman, I would be FINDING things to tile just to keep him working and beautifying my house.

I would stop just shy of tiling the dog. But the cat would be tiled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool is going to be amazing when completed! I can't wait to see it full of water!

Job well done thus far Henry Porter! :party:

:cheers: :goodjob: Yeah Mats, slow and steady :goodjob: :cheers:

Truly amazing - you have a lot of people looking over your shoulder (via TFP) that are jealous of what you have endeavored to take on, and of the fruit of your labor :goodjob:

Hi Matts;

This is simply amazing work :goodjob: :goodjob: . We had only 110 ft of water line stones and we did not even have to do the work ourselves. If we had this much tiling to do we would never build our pool. Once again your pool build gives us the motivation to carry on.

Mirage.

Matts, as has been said - EXCELLENT JOB!!! :goodjob:

You have, in every step of this project, researched everything, big and small, asking opinions and experiences and then done the work yourself as well as ANY professional I've seen in the last 20+ years of doing this for a living :!: :bowdown: :whoot: :party: :salut:

Seems the one thing you'll never need from us is a lesson on POP (pool owner patience) :lol: Your DIY build is absolutely amazing in it's scope and detail to attention! Thanks again for 'BLOGGING' it for our enjoyment :cheers:

I was going to say something about Eva, but this is a family site - so just say "Hi" :wave: for me :mrgreen:

Hi Matts;

Today you had us wishing that we built a roof over my pool like you did because the rain has delayed the diamond brite till tomorrow hopefully :( :( . We tried renting a tent but could not find one that would fit.

Next time I will just copy your complete pool build and call it a day. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mirage.

omg what a respons. I can't help to think that you're making fun of me :twisted: either that or you try to kill me with kindness :cool:

I have always liked USA and americans in particular ever since I've been there in 1990. I lived in California for 7 months working as an au-pair, can you imagine!!! I haven't been there since beacuse my daughters doesen't like to fly(neither do I) so we have to satisfy with europe for our vacations, so we can travel by car. But I most talk them into visit USA again, New york is a little dream to visit and that's only 6 hours away.
Off topic!!??? :blah: :whoot:

Thanks to all of you that have responded I'm very flattered. I will post pics when I'm done with the tileing. Party on saturday so it will take another week or so.
//Mats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.