TA for Vinyl Pool

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I seem to have my pool pretty well balanced (TF-100 kit)- FC=6, CC<.5, CYA=40, pH=7.5. However, TA is around 150. pH is very stable. I was reading in other posts where people were asking about reducing TA with a vinyl liner, and many of the responses were that TA is not as important with vinyl and not to worry too much. Is 150 pushing it, or what number should I target? The recommended level in the handy reference section is 70-90+, I definitely fall into the + category. I did wipe the tip of the 0009 reagent after each drop.

Hi dodge.

it is CH thats not all that much of a factor in a vinyl pool.
TA is important in any pool.

What TA does, is buffer the pH. There is no real TA value like there is for other stuff, and every pool is different. so there is a wide "recommended level".
So whenever your pH is stable, then whatever the TA is is the correct TA for you. If you're happy with the pH, then there is no need to do anything to the TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.