What the HECK is T-H-I-S???????

Your signature still says your water is still pool store tested?

Well, there is a trend here (though not a solid rule) that once people start doing their own testing and maintaining proper FC to their CYA the bugs stop coming around. Just something to mull over...

I am actually in a transitional phase, if you will. We moved here in March and the plan was to hire help the first month or two. I found this site about 2 months ago or so and have been preparing myself mentally to go the TFP route.

Just ordered my BB and B and Taylor kit yesterday :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I found out they are water scorpions.........no no no!!! Not in my pool!!!:mad:

Wonderful Water Scorpions | Rebecca Deatsman

water scorpion! not really a scorpion though. they can bite at the head end, but the back is just legs and breathing apparatus. they aren't very flexible so you can grab them around the middle if you need to pick one up.

they can fly but they are water bugs (true bugs) that prey on other water animals (I have seen one attack a goldfish)

I always get a few in the pool when it warms up and is first opened. they are pretty harmless really, in terms of all the other potential things out there (see the the thread on bees from last year that I just revivee LOL)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pv2, hubby says they're also known as "stick bugs"...I guess I just need to get over the buggy stuff. But pick one up? No sir. I did net he and his friend and tossed them. I haven't seen any back since. Thank you for some reassurance though. I was beginning to think it was just me, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this, Donaldson. I am looking forward to that!:splash:

If I had known the pool doubles as a mole trap I would have put in a pool when I lived up north! LOL Down here in southern FL the worst I fished out was a small snake, a very excited little creature - eeek snakes really bug me. Still, I set him free in the yard :)

df034c427900a462492812c668b31789.jpg

I saw this one out by the pool last year. Luckily I didn't have to fish it out of the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.