Hayward Aquarite

Have you independently tested the salt level? At least that is what I assume you are asking about.

Sounds like the salt is still too high, although can take a day for the SWG to get a new reading.

We generally do not trust pool store testing ... and if you have gotten 2 readings for salt that were the same after you replaced water, then I think you should see why.

What salt level does the SWG say?

- - - Updated - - -

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

What level does the instant salinity say it is when you go through the diagnostics? Is the Aqua Rite giving a high salt error? If the test and SWG say the salinity is 4000, then the only fix is to drain about 25% of the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As long as the amps don't get to 8, it should not trigger a high salt error or shutdown. To reset the average, you can go to the instant salt reading and move the switch from auto to superchlorinate and back to auto. However, it should not be necessary unless it shuts down with a high salt error.

I would use the Taylor 1776 salt test kit. Forget the pool store testing as mentioned. The reading on the Aquarite is +/- 400 PPM. Again, you need to test independently of the pool store and the actual reading on the Aquarite.

You can look in the new instant salt level 3500 very easily. Or you can wait for the averaging of the unit to come down over time. Here are the directions to look in the new instant salt level.

1. Slide the Main Switch to the "Auto" position.
2. Push the Diagnostic button repeatedly until "-xxxx ppm" appears on the display.
3. Slide the Main Switch from "Auto" to "Super Chlorinate" and back to "Auto".
4. Push the Diagnostic button to exit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.