Am I doing this right?

mbmom

Apr 8, 2013
So, this is what I have done so far...

I set up my pool on Monday the 1st of June. After I filled the pool (Tuesday morning) I put in the recommended dosage (according to pool math) of CYA. I don't have my skimmer basket yet (on the way) so, I put the CYA inside of some old pantyhose and tied that to the side of the pool near the return. I helped dissolve it into the water over the course of 24 hours.

I put in the recommended dosage (according to pool math) of bleach. I have tested my chlorine (OTO) and and PH each day and both were good (Chlorine showing 5 and PH 7.6).

Today my chlorine was showing around 1 so, I added 16 oz of bleach. My PH was 7.8 so, I added 2.80 oz of Sodium bisulfate. My Taylor k-2006 isn't actually arriving until tomorrow. I am just using a OTO chlorine/ PH test kit I got from Walmart until then.

Did I take the first right steps? And what should I do next (tomorrow after my real test kit arrives)?

Thank you SO much for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.