Stains in new plaster

gilbee

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Harvey, LA
I had plaster applied to our pool yesterday, and this morning noticed these brown spots in the pool floor...the plaster guy says their seeds from a tree in the yard, and he may or may not be right...the tree cannot be removed at this time, has anyone seen similar stains in the their pool, and is there something I should be doing to help prevent permanent damage here? The pool is still currently being filled...

7f73c9969d92394a6acf7a7afc3f2313.jpg

a425875d303443840b960cf42db0ad02.jpg

That almost looks more like fertilizer got into the pool with metal in it.

See if a trichlor puck lightens/removes the stains or it Vitamin C tablets do ... should take only a minute or so.

That will ID the stain type.

There's no fertilizer around to get in the pool...I won't be home for a few days for work (absolute worst time to be away from the pool, I know, but if I didn't leave I wouldn't have the paycheck to pay for things like the pool)...since the plaster is so fresh and this is on the floor, I wouldn't be able to get in the pool without risking damaging the finish more, right?

Plaster guy claims that once chlorine is added this will go away...sounds like that's inline with your recommendation assuming that it's organic and not metal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.