Hose Cuffs

May 31, 2015
St Clair Shores
Hello everyone!
I have installed my solar heaters on the garage roof. This is the 1st time doing this. The past few years they were on the ground. I have to get new hoses because of the location on the roof. My question is about the hose cuffs. The local pool store has 100' reel of black hose for $100. I would need to cut it in half. On the cut ends cuffs would have to be added. Every cuff that I've seen for sale online talks about it for a vacuum. Can these be used for my hosed from the filter, to the heaters, then back to the return jet? The other option that I have is to buy cut to length grey hose in 3' increments at $1.70 per 3'. I have a 1hp pump.

Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I do not understand what you keep meaning by hoses and cuffs for a solar panel.

Usually solar is plumbed with PVC pipe with maybe 6" pieces of rubber hose between the panels (for some manufacturers).

Pictures would likely help a lot:
How To Post Pictures

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I do not understand what you keep meaning by hoses and cuffs for a solar panel.

Usually solar is plumbed with PVC pipe with maybe 6" pieces of rubber hose between the panels (for some manufacturers).

Pictures would likely help a lot:
How To Post Pictures
Here is a pic of the cuffs.
uploadfromtaptalk1433537169244.jpg

My heater.
uploadfromtaptalk1433537152128.jpeg

Heaters on the garage.
uploadfromtaptalk1433537022885.jpg

The pump and filter.
uploadfromtaptalk1433537091198.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is going to be a significant pipe run through small hoses. I am not sure how well your pump is going to do that.

I also know nothing about using hoses like that. Going to larger PVC pipe for a majority of the run to the panels and then switching to the hose for the connections would be better.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

You could always leave the hard plumbing in place for the winter.
But, use the hoses if that is what you want to do.
I have no idea about adding cuffs.
And still question the ability of the pump through the very inefficient hoses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.