St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been testing my PH ever couple of days here lately. It keeps giving me a 7.8 result. I then go to the Pool Calculator to determine how much acid I need and then add that amount. I have done this 3 times over the past week and every time I check it, the PH is still at 7.8. Could this be because of my high FC from my recent shock?

Here are today's test results.

FC - 19
CC - 0
TC - 19
PH - 7.8
TA - 80
CH - 360
CYA - 70
Salt (SWG) - 3500
Salt (Strips) - 3460
Borates - 30
Temp - 69

Thanks!!!

You got it :goodjob: I overlooked the high cl when I said your water is out of balance :oops: However, since you had scaling you had to drop the pH some anyway. I wouldn't trust the pH test until the cl is closer to 10.

Sorry about my oversight but even if you get a little more scaling on the tiles while waiting for the cl to drop - you know how easy it is to remedy :-D

If your FC is as high as you say and you are reading a pH of 7.8 then your actual pH is MUCH lower than that! I would not add any more acid and would check the pH as soon as the FC is below about 12 ppm!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.