Adjustable Inlet Eye

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I have a fixed inlet eye on my pool. When the water is about halfway up the skimmer, the inlet is just below water level, which can cause water to go on top of the solar cover (depending on wind, etc). I was considering replacing it with an adjustable inlet eye, but I'm not sure why this wasn't done to begin with. Is it a good idea to point the inlet slightly down, or should I just leave it alone?

It can be misleading for sure. When I read the web page and it said "inlet", it had me second guessing myself. :) Many TFP'ers will adjust some of their returns slightly downward to promote agitation and movement of water near the bottom of their pool. I don't see a problem with installing one and pointing it slightly downward. Anyone else have comments?

I would replace the return jet with the one you found then adjust it, as already pointed out, in a slightly downward direction. Also, adjust it so the water circulates past the skimmer(s). You can test the circulation with a handful of packing peanuts tossed into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.