Pool Cleaners

Nov 8, 2008
Hello,

I have read the section category/pool-school/automatic_pool_cleaners about Automatic Pool Cleaners and am still unsure of which type cleaner to purchase (suction or robotic). It sounds as if the robotic will do a better job as my side suction probably won't provide as much cleaning power as the robotic cleaner might. Any thoughts.

I also am curious if the 32 fifteen inch aluminum lawn stakes http://secure.poolcenter.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LL0133 I am planning to use to secure my winter mesh safety cover will be sufficient to hold the cover in place. I am in extreme eastern Massachusetts. We can get snow in the winter, but not much.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Should I be responding to a question and then ask my own in order that my question(s) get better exposure? Or is starting a new topic the way to go. I guess I will find out! I just joined tonight. Sorry to bother anyone.

The lawn stakes do the trick just fine. As for how many you need, that depends on the cover. Is the pool completely surrounded by planters or what's the deal? Anywhere you have about 3' of concrete you should use standard deck anchors.

If you don't mind the extra expense of a robotic cleaner it will do a better job and is effortless to operate.

sphisex,

Thank you. I have the correct amount of aluminum lawn tubes (I incorrectly referred to them as "lawn stakes" earlier) which directly correspond to the exact number of straps on the cover. I wish I could anchor into concrete but only have one foot of bluestone coping around the perimeter of the pool. Beyond the bluestone is grass.

Is there a robotic pool cleaner that climbs the walls that you can recommend or one that is highly rated? Are you familiar with any site which independently rates automatic pool cleaners?

Thank you again.

Aquabot and Dolphin are the only ones I have any direct experience with. My only suggestion is going all out and getting the remote controlled version. There seems to be a big satisfaction difference between customers who go with the remote and those that don't. People enjoy cleaning their pool while drinking a glass of wine at the same time, and it can be frustrating having an uncontrollable robot around the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.