New Taylor test kit results

Jun 3, 2014
homestead
Good evening- I am on season number 2 with my 16 x 32 Intex Ultra Frame AGP with saltwater generator. Last year we set it up and it was nearly effortless, minus the constant vacuuming due to living on a gravel road. We had a bad storm here that took the pool down and we had to repair and refill it this spring. I am having a really hard time with balance this season and I don't know if it is because the SWG is no longer brand new or if there are other things happening. I used test strips last year as it was my first season, but got my Taylor K2006 yesterday. Despite adding over 3# stabilizer I still get a very low read. I have put in 3 2qt bottles of 8.25% bleach as for two weeks after setting up the pool we still weren't registering any FC. Possibly worth mentioning is that when it isn't raining we have full, hot sun above. So it has been a chlorine struggle between the extra water and the sunlight.
My results as of tonight- the bleach was put in a week ago.

FC 4.2
ph 7.6
TA 70
CH 120
CYA 32
Salt--showing at 1650ppm which cannot be possible, as we have put in the recommended 360lbs
Water temp currently 76
Did not get a CC as I tested the FC three times and kept forgetting before I dumped the sample and i didn't want to waste any more test drops tonight

The test strips consistently show my TC or CC at between 3-5.

Any feedback on these levels would be so greatly appreciated. After much research for these two seasons i feel I am getting a better grasp as I go, but the SWG tends to throw different logic and process into most information i find. I just don't want to throw it into a chemistry nightmare.

Thanks all!

Because I read this forum all the time i knew I would't get off without providing a CC total so I sent the hubby out in the dark to get another sample to test. FC was 4.2 at the time of testing today, which was 5pm. As of 9:30 it is now 4.0. I did the CC test twice on the Taylor and oddly it comes to 0 on one test and .2 on another. I have used probably 25 test strips in two weeks and am consistently getting a read of 3-5ppm on the CC. I know you advocate for Taylor kits and against test strips- could they really be this far off? It's also very possible this is user error on the Taylor but I did redo this CC test twice. The pool is clear other than some leaves in the bottom and it has had a solar blanket on all week.

ok, so feel free to call me a moron, but i thought i have read time and time again that CC and TC are the same. A combination of depleted FC and dirt, etc. Is that wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'll be. I just googled the heck out of it and i now understand the difference. On that note- do all the other numbers seem ok for a SWG pool? Would like to use the pool but want to make sure it's balanced first

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.