the nightmare continues

After testing and testing and raising one thing and fixing one problem and then making another... here's where I am tonight:
FC .5
CC .5
TC 1
CH 100
PH <6.8 (test is yellow)
TA 20
CYA 70

So..I'm all messed up again.
I have attempted slamming, after about 150 gallons of bleach I'm giving up on that.
I've been using the new Clorox products and had almost a clear pool with cloudiness.
We've been vacuuming to waste and all of the dead algae is nearly gone and tonight it's getting an aqua tint again.

I'm at my whits end with this pool. I've read and read and done the pool math and I just can't get it right.

Desperate for advice.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Your TA and pH are WAY too low. That is first priority. Use borax to raise the pH until you get a reading in the 7s, 30 minutes after adding the borax. Then test the TA and see where you are at.

How were you doing the SLAM? What FC level were you maintaining?

the nightmare continues

After testing and testing and raising one thing and fixing one problem and then making another... here's where I am tonight:
FC .5
CC .5
TC 1
CH 100
PH <6.8 (test is yellow)
TA 20
CYA 70

So..I'm all messed up again.
I have attempted slamming, after about 150 gallons of bleach I'm giving up on that.
I've been using the new Clorox products and had almost a clear pool with cloudiness.
We've been vacuuming to waste and all of the dead algae is nearly gone and tonight it's getting an aqua tint again.

I'm at my whits end with this pool. I've read and read and done the pool math and I just can't get it right.

Desperate for advice.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't add my signature to this so made a new post. Sorry

Not sure why my signature isn't showing up. Lemme try to figure that out
Was slamming with with bleach and now then with clorox pool brand shock. I don't think I maintained any FC more than a few hours

You can't go a few hours without adding chlorine. Hourly additions are typical during the early part of a SLAM.

It's a tedious process (SLAM) and requires close monitoring to keep the FC at the correct level to match the CYA (on the Chlorine/CYA Chart), but it does work. It sounds as though you've invested quite a bit of time so far, so don't give up. :calm: Take time with the tests, re-post them as much as needed, and follow the instructions given and you will get there Melissa!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Every time the chlorine level drops below the minimum level for your CYA the algae starts growing like crazy all over again. Without maintaining the shock level during a SLAM you could SLAM forever. The Chlorine CYA Chart shows the chlorine level for the CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.