Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: E mail account

1. Back To Top    #1

E mail account

I'm using Outlook Express for my e mail and I'm trying to set up a second account for my Wife. I have the second e mail address setup on my Internet provider. It appears that I can send to her, but I can't receive. Does anybody have any experiance with this?
    Thanks
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: E mail account

Have you entered your incoming and outgoing mail servers in the new account in Outlook?

3. Back To Top    #3

I did that and it asks for a password. It will also change the account from pop.west.cox.net to pop.west.cox.net[1]
    I'm confused!
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.

4. Back To Top    #4

That would be the password associated with the new email account you created. That's what it is supposed to do. Just enter the email password for the account in question. As far as changing the name, each email account needs a unique name, that's why it changed it. You can name your email accounts anything you want, it's just a description, as long as you enter the proper server addresses.

5. Back To Top    #5

I keep getting this responce
    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.west.cox.net ', Server: 'pop.west.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Should I use the same password that I have for my account or a differant one?

6. Back To Top    #6

I've got it!!! The password didn't match what I had set up for my provider.
    waterbear, thanks for the help!