21 foot AG 52 Inches Deep.Chrystal Clear Water
Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter Model S166T.Taylor Test Kit # k2006
TEST RESULTS
FC 1.5
PH 7.8
TA 120
CH 180
CYA 0

Little about POOL 10 Years Old.New Liner Installed late Last Year . Filled With City Water.Did Not Use Much maybe 2 to 3 weeks then closed for season
used pool store closing kit.

Hello Grayham! Kudos on doing your own tests with a proper test kit. :goodjob: I think we all see the same thing ... no CYA. It's like trying to keep coins in your pants pocket with a hole in it. Once you add some stabilizer in there as advised above, it will serve as sunscreen for your free chlorine (FC) and you'll see much better results. By the way ....... welcome to TFP!

yes on cc test it was 0.50. and on cya last fall i did not know anything about it until i started to do my own testing this year.pool store installed new liner late last year.filled with city water.was told to shock once a week and check ph level

- - - Updated - - -

i added bleach after dark tonight.i put to much in raised FC to 4.0 opps.

You can use either the granules or the liquid. The liquid is a bit quicker of course, but I think costs a little more. The granules have to be placed in a sock by your skimmer so it can be slowly dissolved and ingested into your skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those are much better numbers than before. :goodjob: Although you may want to bring that PH down a bit to your recommended 7.5-7.8 range. Don't let the FC drop below 3. After a few more days, check the CYA again. You don't need to check that every day.

THANKS to TFP and all members for help. with TFP and group of good people and my taylor test kit i dont see the need to be running to pool store with water samples every other couple of days.i will continue to use TFP . I was told by my pappy every day you learn something new that was a good day !!! .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.