Leak at return??

Jun 4, 2015
Maryland
I've got an above ground pool that is leaking at the return. I went to replace the gaskets and the hole in the metal wall is some what corroded. I replaced the gaskets and tightened it up. I've still got a small leak. What's your best solution to fix this? Could I take it back apart an put silicone around the hole so when I tighten everything up it will fill the void?

Thanks!

I have a better idea now, although other readers may still be a little in the dark. Can you tell us what kind of pool you have (make/model), capacity, type of pump, and perhaps include a pic where the hose goes through the wall back into the pool? Pics sometimes are worth a thousand words. :)

It's a 24' round Crown Pool.

Here is the return that's on it.
SP1411.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you for offering your advise.

Hi Nally. First, are you sure that the liner isn't torn? Also how corroded is the metal wall? If the wall isn't too bad, you can try silicone. You can try purchasing a larger piece of gasket material,say 10" by 10" and cut out the center for the fitting and put it between the liner and the wall for a larger seal or between the fitting and liner although that looks ugly. The larger gasket gives you wider leak protection. If the wall is really shot then a radical issue is to patch the hole in the liner and cover the hole in the wall and cut out a new wall hole and liner hole. But that's a last straw issue and requires skill as not to ruin the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.