Hello & Pictures

eggman said:
it's really a shame that it gets covered up with frozen white powder several months a year.

I know, in Texas there is no changing seasons (I'm dreaming of a GREEN christmas?) plus you have the advantage of being so HOT in the summer you don't have to light the charcoal to cook on it. :-D

SeanB said:
Thanks for posting!

I'll be doing my first turkey on it for Thanksgiving...any tips?

Sorry Sean, I have only had my GD for a couple of months. I've seen turkey recipies on the GD forum but I have not done one myself yet. (maybe you'll be able to give me some tips).

We're one of a few families that don't do turkey on Thanksgiving. We feast on Alaskian King Crab Legs and double baked potatoes!

The round unit is a ceramic cooker. It burns natural wood charcoal and is very versitile. You can maintain low temps (200-225) for 18-20 hrs on one load of charcoal. Perfect for Brisket, Ribs, pulled pork ect. Or fire it up to 600 degrees and enjoy a brick oven fired pizza in about 9 mins. It's also a great smoker! Mine is called aGrill Dome (grilldome.com).

I have always liked charcoal vs gas units. It's what I grew up with and I think food tastes better when cooked on charcoal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your just looking for ideas, check out the Cal Spas web site. They have many different BBQ Islands. I am going to copy one of their models and tweak it to suit my yard. There are plenty of other BBQ Island manufactures out there. At least here in California they come out in droves at the home shows.

Lets see if we can get some activity here.
Here is a photo of mine after I replaced the original tile with the Granite top.[attachment=0:1txg03m6]DrDaves Granite BBQ closed1 500.jpg[/attachment:1txg03m6]

Attachments

• DrDaves Granite BBQ closed1 500.jpg
    DrDaves Granite BBQ closed1 500.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 878
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.