Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello & Pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello & Pictures

Hello from Chicago

Sean asked me to stop by and post some pictures of my new patio.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello & Pictures

Hi and Welcome !

Nice grill area !
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Outstanding setup ... it's really a shame that it gets covered up with frozen white powder several months a year.
    32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"- 5'3") 6'x9' Free Form Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome fellow Chi-town resident....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by eggman
    it's really a shame that it gets covered up with frozen white powder several months a year.
    I know, in Texas there is no changing seasons (I'm dreaming of a GREEN christmas?) plus you have the advantage of being so HOT in the summer you don't have to light the charcoal to cook on it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for posting!

I get jealous every time I see your set up. I've got my GD just set in it's table. I love how you've made an outdoor kitchen around yours!

I'll be doing my first turkey on it for Thanksgiving...any tips?
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Thanks for posting!

I'll be doing my first turkey on it for Thanksgiving...any tips?
    Sorry Sean, I have only had my GD for a couple of months. I've seen turkey recipies on the GD forum but I have not done one myself yet. (maybe you'll be able to give me some tips).

We're one of a few families that don't do turkey on Thanksgiving. We feast on Alaskian King Crab Legs and double baked potatoes!

8. Back To Top    #8

awesome setup..I'm just now getting ready to purchase appliances for my island..is that round unit a piza oven?
    I was also why you chose to use a charcoal grill rather than gas?

9. Back To Top    #9

The round unit is a ceramic cooker. It burns natural wood charcoal and is very versitile. You can maintain low temps (200-225) for 18-20 hrs on one load of charcoal. Perfect for Brisket, Ribs, pulled pork ect. Or fire it up to 600 degrees and enjoy a brick oven fired pizza in about 9 mins. It's also a great smoker! Mine is called aGrill Dome (grilldome.com).

I have always liked charcoal vs gas units. It's what I grew up with and I think food tastes better when cooked on charcoal.

10. Back To Top    #10

Very nice indeed! That centerpiece is interesting, I don't think I have ever seen one before.
    DrDave
    http://plansbyjorde.tripod.com
    Necessity is the Mother of Invention

11. Back To Top    #11

Just looking for some ideas, I know this is an old post but that is a really nice patio!
    Artificial Palm Trees and NEW Palm Tree MAILBOX- http://www.xtremelytropical.com -- Get your mail delivered in the "tropics" and create your own backyard tropical oasis with your own artificial palm trees!

12. Back To Top    #12

If your just looking for ideas, check out the Cal Spas web site. They have many different BBQ Islands. I am going to copy one of their models and tweak it to suit my yard. There are plenty of other BBQ Island manufactures out there. At least here in California they come out in droves at the home shows.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

13. Back To Top    #13

Lets see if we can get some activity here.
    Here is a photo of mine after I replaced the original tile with the Granite top.[attachment=0:1txg03m6]DrDaves Granite BBQ closed1 500.jpg[/attachment:1txg03m6]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DrDave
    http://plansbyjorde.tripod.com
    Necessity is the Mother of Invention