HTH Green to Blue granules

Jun 4, 2015
Severn
I used the HTH shock green to blue granules, and its been 5 days and still cant get all the granules off the bottom of pool, its 28,000 gallons and pump is 2 speed pump and has been alternating between low speed and high for days, i cleaned oit the cartridge filters twice, they were pretty clogged, any suggestions, i also have been brushing the sediment towards floor drains, and pole vacuums, but still a lot left, any ideas

We do not recommend the use of products like that ... no idea why they are not dissolved.

Why did you add that product? How does your water look?

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

You have to scoop them out, brush them around to dissolve, or vacuum them up.

What does "looks better" mean?

If you want to clear up the pool and take control, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

9f085d96a472543156fb922248b3454e.jpg
it looks like drains are pulling it, but its coming right back out in the return

It appears you are trying to clear algae from your pool with filtration......not chlorine? Do you test your water? Can you post current test results?

We can help you fix that pool but your first step will be providing us (and you) with adequate test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dave is correct, filters will never fix a chemistry problem.

You need one of our recommended test kits and to SLAM that pool. Stay out of pool stores as they will not be your salvation. Nor will miracle fix it potions. Lots of chlorine will clear that pool.

I am going to order the reccomended test kit online, is there a reccomended place to buy one on the mean time, i cheap test strips for now, and shows the ph at normal 7.2, i added ph decreaser 2 nighrs ago, and it brought it down to good level, the bromine level is bad (is that chlorine) but the other levels looked normal

The granules at the bottome of pool,is from the cheap hth shock qrape, i just cleaned filters and started vacuming, it got a lot more oit, but then it started shooting the same dust cloud back into pool inlets, i believe i found a backflush vlave to hook up a hose, before the filter and tommorrow vaccume out the granules to waste instead of through filter

Howdy "neighbor". If you get your TF100 and follow the advice here to clear up your pool then your pool will have a beautiful sparkle and be properly sanitized. It can take some work to get it all cleaned up but the reward is well worth it and cheaper to maintain than going to pool stores. I hope you follow the advice here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.