Issues with new Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner

MickeyB23

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Elkton, Maryland
So I got my pool from a swamp to sparkling clean with the help of TFP and as a reward I purchased a Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner. I'm assuming it isn't normal for the pool to be cloudy once the cleaner is done? I put the cleaner in the pool, let the water bubbles time to get out and for the brushes to soften, then turn it on. It blows dirty water/dust out of the top (off and on) and seems to stir up the dirt on the bottom of the pool. I can see dirt go up into the bottom of the vacuum and when it is done it's 3 hour cycle it has dirty filters. I make sure to clean the cartridges and make sure those are set in correctly with no gaps and check to make sure everything is back in place. I don't know what is wrong and why it isn't leaving the pool water cleaner than it is. I understand some stir up, but I have to backwash and run the filter hours longer than normal to get the water clear again. I've tried searching online and within the forum, tried the tips I have found, but it is still the same. The pool has sand-like dirt in it and no large debris, so it is still pretty clean overall. Maybe my expectations are too high as a newbie to pools, but I thought it was supposed to do a better job than it is.

Hi Mickey,
it sounds as if there was an fairly lot of dirt on the bottom of your pool. Its not going to get all of it the first time or 2. If you just finished slamming and a lot of the stuff on the bottom is dead algae, well let me tell ya that stuff is like talcum powerder, the slightest disturbance and it poofs away. No cleaner is going to clean that much that quickly Its going to take a few goes, but it will get it.

Thanks Dave! Your description is exactly what it looks like. I tried to get as much as I could with the manual vacuum, but the suction isn't very good with it. So with a robot cleaner the end result should still be a clear pool and not a cloudy one right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.