Need references for reputable pool service in Dallas Metroplex area (Garland/Rowlett)

Hi all. First wanna say this site is great. I've been referencing this site for over a year to simplify my pool maintenance. However, due to work/time constraints and a huge pecan tree that is wreaking havoc on my pool, I am in need of a pool service to help me clean out my pool and maybe inspect my equipment for an annual check up.

I came here because I wanted a pool service that prescribes to the BBB method. This site has been very helpful in the past, and most members seem genuine in trying to help others.

Any recommendations in the Dallas area, specifically Rowlett or Garland, Texas would be much appreciated.

Please feel free to PM me.

Mahalo in advance,

David

------EDIT-----------------------------------------

To further clarify. My pool is a swamp right now. I've tried to slam it before, but it just gets to a hazy aqua color. I think there are a lot of leaves and branches at the bottom deep end. Unfortunately, my pool is large and wide enough to where it takes a lot of effort to get that stuff out of the bottom. Vacuuming will mean that I have to unclog my pump skimmer MULTIPLE times. My robot cleaners can't handle the debris. I know what I should do, based on the valuable threads on here, I just don't have the time to clean out my pool.

This would just be a 1 or 2 time service. Once it is pristine again, i can maintain the sparkle.

The pecan tree will be coming down this winter (sorry). Palms will be planted in its place.

Thanks again for your replies.

Last edited:
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not aware of any pool services that really prescribe to the TFPC method (we do not call it BBB any more) because weekly maintenance has to be handled differently that the near daily testing and adjustments.

Good luck, but no pool service will keep the water as nice as the home owner can.

I don't think you are going to find what you are looking for unfortunately. not much profit selling liquid chlorine/bleach. the profit is in all the unnecessary chemicals the pool store/services sell. and like Jason said, the TFT method requires minor daily maintenance and isn't suited for showing up once a week and making adjustments.

best bet is to remove that pecan tree :)

I don't think you are going to find what you are looking for unfortunately. not much profit selling liquid chlorine/bleach. the profit is in all the unnecessary chemicals the pool store/services sell. and like Jason said, the TFT method requires minor daily maintenance and isn't suited for showing up once a week and making adjustments.

best bet is to remove that pecan tree :)

Sorry, I should have clarified. My pool is a swamp right now. I've tried to slam it before, but it just gets to a hazy aqua color. I think there is a lot of leaves and branches at the bottom deep end. Unfortunately, my pool is large and wide enough to where it takes a lot of effort to get that stuff out of the bottom. Vacuuming will mean that I have to unclog my pump skimmer multiple times. My robot cleaners can't handle the debris. I know what I should do, based on the valuable threads on here, I just don't have the time to clean out my pool. This would just be a 1 or 2 time service. Once it is pristine again, i can maintain the sparkle. And the pecan tree will be coming down this winter. Palms will be planted in Feb.

Thanks again for your replies.

Did you really follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process? Or do you think SLAMing is the same as a typical pool store, add a random amount of chlorine "shock" once type thing?

I am sure you can find a company to basically "open the pool" by getting things running and get the debris out ... but who knows what kind of chemicals they would use to try to clear it up. They could infact make the maintenance more difficult in the future if they jack the CYA up.

Did you really follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process? Or do you think SLAMing is the same as a typical pool store, add a random amount of chlorine "shock" once type thing?

I am sure you can find a company to basically "open the pool" by getting things running and get the debris out ... but who knows what kind of chemicals they would use to try to clear it up. They could infact make the maintenance more difficult in the future if they jack the CYA up.

I have added 17 gallons of bleach, gotten my CYA to the correct levels, adjusted my PH, cleaned out my filter and added DE. All that got me to a murky aqua color. I could see a dark shadow of debris on the bottom. Tried to brush and push it towards the shallow end so i can scoop it out, but could only do so much with my limited free time. With travels and work, it went back to the algae green and pretty much wiped away the work I did before.

So, sounds like you started the SLAM processes, but were not able to complete it.
Decided to just drain, clean and fill. Watered the lawn and backyard plenty this weekend. Will start on the acid wash this week as well as cleaning out the filter and refill ASAP. Also switching to an LED light bulb and light housing gasket while I'm at it.

Couldn't find a reputable pool service to brush and scoop out the algae, while allowing me to use my SLAM method. They all wanted to use their own chemicals.

Ended up having a half inch of algae on the bottom, tadpoles, and these tiny worms. Hoping to not have to go through this again for a very long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.