St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I was just curious if the cells on a SWG are directions. In other words, does it matter which direction the water flows through the cell.

There was a pool company maintaining the pool prior to us moving in and I noticed the main cord to the cell looked very tight. Well during an inspection and resealing of the o-rings, I turned it around and it appears that it was the way it was originally. Not sure if the directions matters or not. If so, I will just flip it back around.

Thanks everyone!!! :goodjob:

I do see an arrow on the flow meter/temp. sensor for flow direction but did not see anything on the cell stating a flow direction thus what I was asking.

Just for peace of mind, can someone else confirm this as well?

Thanks New2Me!!!

Consider it confirmed 8)

I've put in ~100 of these units and, as long as it's properly plumbed in, the cell orientation makes no difference! I'm also certified by Hayward to 'field service' them, so I think you can trust me on this one :wink:

I would keep the extra tension off the cord, this will help keep the internal wire coatings from getting damaged - which, in turn, will prevent short circuiting :)

Excellent!!! Thank you for the confirmation!!!

Thank you both for your help!! I love being able to post a question/problem and have someone much more knowledgeable than myself help me out!!! :goodjob:

Not sure... it was not a ton of tension, but you can see how much in the picture I think. Ever since I lubed the o-rings and turned it around, everything has been looking good. Time will tell though. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.